- Global Operation
- Contract Manufacturing
Methotrexate inhibits dihydrofolic acid reductase. Dihydrofolates must be reduced to tetrahydrofolates by this enzyme before they can be utilized as carriers of one-carbon groups in the synthesis of purine nucleotides and thymidylate. Therefore, methotrexate interferes with DNA synthesis, repair, and cellular replication. Actively proliferating tissues such as malignant cells, bone marrow, fetal cells, buccal and intestinal mucosa, and cells of the urinary bladder are in general more sensitive to this effect of methotrexate. When cellular
proliferation in malignant tissues is greater than in most normal tissues, methotrexate may impair malignant growth without irreversible damage to normal tissues. In psoriasis, the rate of production of epithelial cells in the skin
is greatly increased over normal skin. This difference in proliferation rates is the basis for the use of methotrexate to control the psoriatic process.
i) Neoplastic Diseases
- Treatment of gestational choriocarcinoma, chorioadenoma destruens and hydatidiform mole
- In acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- Used in combination with other chemotherapeutic agents in the treatment of advanced stage non-Hodgkin’s lymphomas
- Treatment of breast cancer, epidermoid cancers of the head and neck, advanced mycosis fungoides (cutaneous T-cell lymphoma) and lung cancer, particularly squamous cell and small cell types
ii) Rheumatoid Arthritis including Polyarticular-Course Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Indicated in the management of selected adults with severe, active rheumatoid arthritis, or children with active polyarticular-course juvenile rheumatoid arthritis, who have had an insufficient therapeutic response to, or are intolerant of, an adequate trial of first-line therapy including full dose non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents (NSAIDs)
- Indicated in the symptomatic control of severe, recalcitrant, disabling psoriasis that is not adequately responsive to other forms of therapy
Trexall® Tablet 2.5 mg : Each commercial box contains 30 tablets in Alu-Alu blister pack.
Trexall® Tablet 10 mg : Each commercial box contains 30 tablets in Alu-Alu blister pack.
Trexall® Vial 50 mg/2 ml: Each commercial box contains 1 vial of Methotrexate USP 50 mg.