- Global Operation
- Contract Manufacturing
Docetaxel is an antineoplastic agent that acts by disrupting the microtubular network in cells that is essential for mitotic and interphase cellular functions. Docetaxel binds to free tubulin and promotes the assembly of tubulin into stable microtubules while simultaneously inhibiting their disassembly. This leads to the production of microtubule bundles without normal function and to the stabilization of microtubules, which results in the inhibition of mitosis in cells. Docetaxel's binding to microtubules does not alter the number of protofilaments in the bound microtubules, a feature which differs from most spindle poisons currently in clinical use.
Docetaxel Injection is a microtubule inhibitor indicated for:
• Breast Cancer (BC): Docefrez® is indicated as single agent for locally advanced or metastatic BC after chemotherapy failure; and with doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide as adjuvant treatment of operable node-positive BC
• Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC): Docefrez® is indicated as single agent for locally advanced or metastatic NSCLC after platinum therapy failure; and with cisplatin for unrespectable, locally advanced or metastatic untreated NSCLC
• Hormone Refractory Prostate Cancer (HRPC): Docefrez® is indicated with prednisone in androgen independent (hormone refractory) metastatic prostate cancer
• Gastric Adenocarcinoma (GC): Docefrez® is indicated with cisplatin and fluorouracil for untreated, advanced GC, including the gastroesophageal junction
• Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Head and Neck Cancer (SCCHN): Docefrez® is indicated with cisplatin and fluorouracil for induction treatment of locally advanced SCCHN.
Docefrez® 20 concentrated solution for i.v infusion: Box containing 1 vial in plastic tary.
Docefrez® 80 concentrated solution for i.v infusion: Box containing 1 vial in plastic tary.